30 December, 2010

Winter Haiku

Sitting under a high-rise pine tree at “The Ridge” in Shimla, feeling the serene clear climate I wrote a few haiku’s with hushed mind.

P.S.

Haiku is a non-rhymed verse genre, having approximately 5 syllables in first line, 7 in second and 5 again in the third line, making a sum of total 17 syllables. But, it’s no specific rule to follow it. It’s just the sound that matters and not the words. What all matters in a Haiku is, that words has to be juxtaposed. It’s a traditional form of Japanese Poetry Art. And believe me, it’s the smallest, the tiniest literary form. In Japanese Language, Haiku means “Playful Verse”.

The most important and the only element of Haiku is it’s related to CLIMATE. Its Japanese analogous is “KIGO”.

P.S. 2: Extreamly sorry for writing P.S. at so early in a page.




walk walk
dry streets fail to squeeze me
snow fly


first cold with the shower
white cranks flutter high from the sky
Making me wobble all over


Long pines over and above
sun camouflages behind the silver silhouettes
shrubbery foliage standstill


out of the window snow falls
strength inside my body kills me
white everywhere I look


new year
still here
Long and forlorn


my soul
gold to grey to white
a walk in the snow


steaming brewed coffee
my hand arctic cold
snow still throbs on the asphalt


cows mooing
out in the snow
i look out shivering


shivering of snow he barks
enjoying of snow he howls
brooding still I am


out in the hamlet
snowmen without the groin
standing life less


black kiln
sparks orange in the day
snowy white when I see again


late at night
the black tree turns white
night at night turns late


day in the bus
evening on the boulevard
night in the fleece


haystacks’ outside the barn
urn clouded with the snow
standstill there I was

No comments: