12 October, 2011

Our Great Country India, Part II

The purpose of my life, the reason of existence of my life, the raison d’être; my dear friend, we have so much to do in this single life that if we actually keep ourselves engrossed with those things (mostly, the liabilities) we won’t get time to do all these things (thinking about partition of India into numerous states, hikes in prices/inflation and a lot more), because we don’t have it in our DNA. That’s not how we all are programmed (like Mr. Hazare and Mr. Kejriwal). We might get a spike of such things, which will fade away as soon as we will get a hike in our jobs. That’s how the system is. But yes, if you grow above all these and see the whole design, you might leave your job/family/worldly affairs and dedicate your life to humanity, to change the system, to change the law, to change how the things happen in our society from the datum, from the grass root level. It needs a revolution; it needs one to change each and every human being. And believe me, 130 Cr heads of India is not a small number to handle with. No personal grudges, but, you are not even able to convince me (1 single person), how will you change the whole system, the whole of India.

May be, Mr. Kejriwal is one kind of a person. So he is following the foot-steps of Mr. Hazare. Everybody can’t.

When I say, we have so much to do in our single short life, I mean: working hard to earn more, and to fulfill our liabilities. To enjoy and die happily! That’s it. I am not being pessimistic but, it’s not everybody’s cup of tea to make oneself out of the worldly leisure’s and take a step towards fasting against government to change the law.

Simply put, do what you can do to make you and your near-by surroundings/people happy. Exaggeration is not the solution. Shooting down government officials will only put you in jail. That’s not the solution. That’s a streak. You can definitely think like this, but can’t transform your thinking into action like this. If you do, the end result won’t be different then the movie RDB.

Plus, the encounter of Shivani with BSF official is true. That’s the flaw in the system. And believe me, we, the country India is not a single country facing this problem. Many other countries are incompetent to put the Law in-order in their society. In fact, there are hardly any country’s existing on this planet earth which are able to do this. Peace and harmony is not in the economy/society/money/right government, it’s somewhere else. It’s within us.

Like my father always says and actually practices in his life: Live simple. Minimize your demands and see how happy you will be. I guess that’s the motto of my father. And you both know, what I mean.
On the contrary, I am a completely opposite Son of him. So far in my life, I have lived completely differently than him. But that’s how, I like to live. And we both respect each other for our Modus Vivendi.

Btw, raunak, you were talking about price hikes in petrol and LPG and what my father wrote about the present scenario of Indian Youth and the irony created against it by Mr. Anna Hazare.

So, points I would like to mention:

1. If you are reading newspapers or listening to news channels, you must have known about Telangana state.
2. They want a new state with in Andhra Pradesh.
3. They hardly are interested in what Anna Hazare is doing and what might it imply in future, they are only interested in having a new state of Telangana. Isn’t this an irony ?
4. Also, problems have started coming in UIDAI (Unique Identification Association of India) headed by Mr. Nandan Nilekani.
5. Don’t be surprised if UIDAI comes out with a new scam!!!
6. Every thing is possible in this rainbow country India.

Mr. Anna Hazare has got time to do all these. And, go to the micro facts, when did he started with his revolutionizing idea of Lok Pal. No doubt, even we can join his brigade, but are we actually? We all three are damn busy with our own jobs, problems with personal life and struggling with every second we live. Isn’t it?

Raunak, you are cribbing about LPG and Petrol prices. You are absolutely right (even I am worried about the petrol prise hikes), but yaar, who has time to fight against government to decrease the prices. We rather, take our bikes during week-ends with tank full of petrol and rev up in different directions enjoying the solitude, running away from the concrete jungels. Isn’t this the exact condition we are living? Incase, we join hands with Mr. Hazare, we shall be left behind in this rat-race. Which, I don’t think any of us can afford! Same is the condition with millions of youth (which are considered to be the power pillars of this nation) chasing the rat-race of jobs, high salaries, car, flat, foreign tours, hierarchies, etc. Where does we people have time to change the law?

My point is simple: either we can, or we cannot. Either we can stop our rat-race and join hands with the nobel guy or we keep on running our own race. Both cannot be achieved at the same time.

See, its not that, I am not concerned about anything. Even today, I am addressing a lot many issues related to say global warming. Since the time I got to know the adverse effect of some chemicals on Ozone (O3) layer which in-effect affects the global tempereature; I have stopped using deodarants. Simple putting, deo’s have a coolent with the name CFC (Cloro Floro Carbon, which now is replaced by HFC-Hydro Floro Carbon) which are enemies of O3. I don’t use deo’s just to help the environmentalists. Atleast I am acting, and not cribbing.




It’s just that, each country has its different set of problems. US has its, China has got theirs and we have our own. Problems differ, that’s obvious, but problems are there.
What’s a big deal? Let it be.

More you dig more jelous and aggressive you will become. Let the time flow. With such huge diversity within India, it’s almost impossible to tie the whole country under one rule. As of now, each and every state wants/thinks of being an individual country. But they also know that they as an individual country can’t exist without the help of other states of India. Simply put, not a single state in India, as of now is self sufficient. So is India! So is each and every country of this planet earth!

One can say, US is successful monetarily only because of its capitalism. India forayed in capitalism only in 1991. Before to that License Raj was crippling (read restricting) India from growing and make its mark on the global map. Foreign currency has just started pouring in RBI. Kindly wait, let some time pass. History did something in past even before our birth, so we are paying for some wrong decisions. We just need to choose a right way, a balanced way of living. Anyway, Mr. Hazare is doing his bit of bringing some black money back in the market of India. Let that cash come in, let tax reduce a bit and everything would be fine. And in and around all these, we all have lived till now some 24/25 years so far, and more 50 years to go. Pass it with happy heart without thinking all these. Be selfish! Get some solitude, try to find raison d’être of your life and start transcending on that path. I guess the same old and most chewed saying stands true here, “Winners don’t do different things, they do things differently”.

My dear friend, the key word is FEAR. It’s because of FEAR that all these ideas keep on whir-pooling in your head. And the same FEAR keeps me out of all these melodrama. This means that, FEAR has got two sides.

The truth is, even I feel the acrimony of myself, of what I am today. Even today, I feel like abhorring all the worldly affairs I live and go, run to do those things which I always thought to do. May be go to the rehab centers of Tsunami in Tamilnadu, or go and give my social service in backward areas of Gujarat, Chattisgarh or Assam and help them uplift their livings. This FEAR only helped many gentlemen in establishing so many NGO’s and this fear only is keeping me from detesting myself from my current life style. Either this or that, you can’t have both. And juggling in between makes no sense. Its sheer waste of time, which I guess you are doing. Here comes the macro look of Short-Cut and Long-Cut ways of living-a-life. I have, undoubtedly chosen a short cut way of living, because I am not at all interested in disquieting my status in society at this stage. I am rather interested in myself and my family and my surroundings. When, I will reach at the upper cone of the pyramid, I will think of others. Till then, I am happy being selfish. And believe me, that’s what we all are, as of now. And there’s no harm in being so. That’s the perfect and the most stable way of living a life.

Please note that, this is my personal thinking and no strict thumb-rule is being established. Everybody can think and mull over these lines and can choose what best fits in. Take care of one thing; our life is not a dogma. There are no strict rules of living. Don’t make our lives like a plain vanilla, rather make it a sundae. Randomness with surprises creates an intangible life; let’s pledge and make a rainbow in our lives and live happily.

No comments: