18 April, 2011

Journey so far

Hiatus Hiatus Hiatus

Another 15 days of hiatus in life. MBA over, Corporate Life is about to start. Or in layman language, job is about to start. My second job in my only life. Pity on me. Phew. But it's ok. One thing I am understanding, as time passes, things start to cool down and than suddenly life takes a turn.

One more thing, I understood, more advance you go in life, more grown up you feel. This LG is my second job. Nirma was my first. As of now, only 13 days to go for the joining date to come, but I am not at all agitated from inside or frustrated from outside. I am completely cool, this is what many people said when they asked how I feel, as I am joining LG. But yes, I remember when I was heading towards Porbandar (Nirma Chemicals) back in July 14th, 2008, I was agitated. But this time, 2nd job, and I am fully relaxed and quite mature as well. See, time is the ultimate elixir. I am ready for the hullabaloo. There you go.

And yes, some of the snippets of my life, in highly brief manner.

Living outside home since last 9 years.
Just completed my Post Graduation from International School of Business & Media, specializing in Marketing. Placements: bagged the best of the placement of my college. Got placed in the very first company that visited our college, LG Electronics India Pvt. Ltd. Two years, I won' say were useful, but rather more of unproductive. Am still to figure, what actually I learnt being in Professional Course; keeping aside studies. Though had may ups and downs during my two years of tenure in Pune doing my MBA, and learnt a lot from my troughs. The only good thing that happed to me is getting placed in the very first company that came to our college and becoming the don of the college. That's it. Before to that, I had hard life back in Porbandar. I was shift maintenance engineer in Nirma Chemicals (Saurashtra Chemicals, Porbandar) - earlier it was a Birla Plant, than took over by Nirma - but learning was immense.Less time for oneself, and more concentration on the work. Shift duty of 8 hrs each and handling 30 odd workers of the age range 35-60 was tough. I learnt a lot about human psychology a lot there; about how to get the work done from those workers in minimum time. Also understood the importance of time limits - dead lines - when ever emergency struck at the Thermal Power Station. I still remember the first time I got late to reach the Nirma Factory in the first week of joining itself - and I cried like anything. Because, my 1 hr salary was deducted. That was one helluva of experience. I had cracked Nirma on my 3rd attempt after AMW (Asian Moter Works) and Essar during my 7th semester of Engineering. I was rejected by both the previous company that visited our college at that time. It was Sept-Oct 2007. Before to that I did my 11th and 12th Science from a private school in Rajkot. A good experience. A town boy (veraval) came to a notorious city of Rajkot. But now I call it Rangilu Rajkot aka Colourful Rajkot.

No comments: