26 April, 2011

NO to Social Networking

I was never confused about whether to use orkut, my space or flicker or picassa or hi5 or facebook or twitter or blog, and so always remained proactive and adopt them. For me all these platforms remained as another identity. There used to be a time when top 5 searches where positive if BHARGAV TIVEDI is the search-word in Google. Later on I understood, may be social networking (social networking as a single word and a verb) is a hindrance to life.

It’s a button of reverse motion rather than fast-forward. (It’s just that, I don’t like driving in the 6th gear)

In first quarter of 2007, I quit hi5 and myspace, a lot of people asked not to do so, but I did.

Back in April 2009, I had quit Orkut. A lot of people shouted at me for doing so, but I remained firm.

In April 2011, I quit Facebook. Again, a lot of people reacted in the same way. But a few understood. Good, times changing.

I am happy.

Instead of loafing around over the net doing fake networking, its good not to do so and rather be yourself. I get no point in sharing pictures over Facebook and getting comments!!! Writing something on your wall of your facebook account of which no body has any relation, and still getting innumerable comments on it.

That’s strange, a new era of gossiping!!!

I like experiments.

I like doing experiments with my life.

And if you can, do it.

Experience the experience of change.

Listening to: “High Hopes” by Pink Floyd

No comments: